CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Religion vs. Evolution

In school, we are now in the middle of an evolution unit and I would like to put out my opinion about the whole concept of evolution. If you have been following my previous blogs, you will remember that I am not at all keen on the religion thing.  However, I do have my doubts about evolution too. I am willing to believe in the concepts of natural selection; there has been a nice chunck of evidence presented concerning it. I can believe that homo-sapiens did evolve from a less intelligent lifeform, and I have hope that one day scientists will be able to trace back time and find exactily what we did evolve from in the first place. However, there is the issue of not having a resonable explantion to where, how, and when the atom that formed that prokaryote formed itself. And that is a mystery that I really don't think will ever be solved. Furthermore, I think that this is where the thoughts of religion are brought into play; there was uncertainty with the natural world, so we felt that there needed to be some kind of explanation as to why the world is the way it is today. However, there is a flaw in my thoughts; some religions existed long before natural selection had ever been thought of, so there was no need to want another explanation. Anyway, I would like to ask of the readers; what are your opinions of how religion interacts with evolution? This is a very controvercial subject, as it will continue to be in the years to come, and I am aware that there is a wide variety of opinions that have been formulated on the subject.

0 comments: